Santaros gimnazija provides general secondary education. It is the largest school of national minorities in Lithuania. There are 800 students and 60 qualified teachers in the school. Santaros gymnazium was among 5 best schools in Vilnius in respect of students’ academic achievements and exam results in 2015 and 2016.
Teaching quality improvement and internationalization are our main priorities.
The school’s Development Plan focuses on the teaching quality development aiming to:
• support staff in the acquisition of competencies (knowledge, skills, attitudes) with a view to their personal development;
• support the continuing professional development with a view to innovating and improving the quality of teaching in favour of students;
• increase students’ achievement and engaging through integrated curriculum;
• enhance the quality of English language teaching in the school and particularly to increase students’ motivation, so that they leave school with the skills necessary to communicate effectively in English with other European countries in their working career
• enhance notably the participants’ foreign language competence;
Our school wants to improve the quality of the internationalization aiming for the staff to:
• manage and organize all kinds of international activities with or without partners abroad;
• stimulate the streamlining of curricular elements with an international orientation;
• raise awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries, offering them the opportunity to build networks of international contacts, to actively participate in society and develop a sense of European citizenship and identity;
Through the project we hope to contribute to the creation and development of an open democratic society. Being the school of national minority we face some challenges related to integration and assimilation which both are the processes taking place in our society.
|Vilniaus “Santaros” Gimnazija
Contact person: Irina Rovda